Simple Steps to Share Your Faith with MuslimsPosted: February 24, 2016 | |
In last week’s post, I encouraged you not only to participate in what God is doing to transform Iran but also to share—with love—the truth of the Gospel with Muslims in your neighborhoods and cities.
Yes, I know that some of you feel shy since you have never done this before. Many of you want to know how to share the Gospel confidently without being rude.
There are many ways to share the Gospel. A simple way is to remember that the Gospel is good news. (That’s what the Greek word for evangelize means: “proclaiming good news”!)
- Receive God’s heart for them. One powerful weapon we have that is non-existent in Islam is our true Love. I mean the agape type of Love that we can receive only from God. But many of us either are fearful of Muslims or are indifferent—both these conditions result from not having God’s heart for people trapped in Islam. So first pray and say, “God please give me your heart for the Muslims. I know you love them. Fill my heart with your heart and my mind with your teaching.” As you begin to talk with Muslims and get to know them, approach them with love. They sense true love and are touched by it. Be hospitable, friendly, and welcoming.
- Look for “bad news” in their lives and give them the Good News exactly where they are experiencing the bad news. Of course, I am not talking about the “prosperity” or “feel good” Gospel. I am talking about the power of the Gospel to truly transform lives, not just make circumstances better or easier.
- Be confident about the power of the Gospel and the work of the Holy Spirit. When you see somebody struggling with personal issues (such as anger, addiction, despair) or family issues (trouble with a spouse, children, or other family members), have confidence in the Gospel and say, “I know something that I am totally confident can transform you, your situation, and your family. It all depends on whether you want it or not.”
- Make a simple invitation. When they show interest, tell them, “Jesus came to save you not just from this problem but from this miserable life, from this world, and even from yourself. Wait! I am not talking about a religion. I am not talking about you joining our church nor becoming a religious person. Jesus did not come to give you a religion, but to love you and save you. If you are ready to be saved by being changed, Jesus is more than ready. He is ready now. You can experience a new life even now. He will transform your life.”
If you find yourself becoming tongue-tied, remember that you do not have to explain all of Christianity in one session; you merely need do as Jesus did: invite these persons to follow Jesus in all that He has done and said. Invite them to seek and know Him.
Jesus calls us to love. The best way to do that is to be bold and invite people to know the Author of Love.
A few years ago, a survey of 100 converts from Islam asked about the major factor in their conversion. Eighty-five of the 100 people responded that the overwhelming factor that sparked their interest was “the love of Christians toward them.”
My friends, many Christians in Iran risk persecution, torture, and jail time every day for the privilege of sharing the Author of Love with their family, friends, and strangers. In sharing Love, they are transformed by Love. Won’t you find the courage to do the same?
And please pray for our ministry, that God will reach many hearts through us every day with His truth and love.
Share this with others:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)