In Iran, there are no above ground churches. Even underground churches, while effective and growing, are only accessible to 1% of all believers due to fear and security. That is where our Global Church for Iran, or Church 7 strategy, provides a lifeline for the estimated 2 million believers who have no other option for church of any kind. No option for fellowship, discipleship, training or encouragement that is readily available and enjoyed by those of us in the West.
Watch this exciting video to see what Iran Alive Ministries is doing about this problem.
I will give further updates as they develop and know that Amir and his family appreciates your prayers.
5. Will the US and Iran partner in Iraq to stop ISIS?
- Both have similar interests: to help the current Shiite Government of Iraq maintain control and stop the Sunni ISIS from taking over Iraq.
- They may partner in some ways to help stop ISIS but will never acknowledge it publicly.
- Iran has a major influence in Iraq where the majority of the population is Shiites and the government is led by Shiites.
- Iran’s goal has been to get the US out of Iraq and be the sole influencer of the Shiite Iraqi regime. They are happy that the US has pulled out of Iraq and do not want to see the US’s influence and presence increase. Therefore, they may work with the US for the short time but will want the US out of Iraq as soon as ISIS is stopped.
- Christians in Iraq and Syria have been persecuted and have been leaving as refugees.
- Under ISIS, the killing and persecution of Christians will dramatically increase. It has already started and there will be a mass exodus of Christians.
- The brutality of ISIS will cause millions of Muslims to have an objective look at Islam. Many of them will come to reject Islam and become open to the message of the Gospel. This is what happened in Iran. Millions of Syrian refugees have seen the brutality of Islamist “freedom fighters” of ISIS. Many of them are coming to Christ in refugee camps in Turkey.
3. Who is ISIS?
- ISIS stands for Islamic State in Iraq and (greater) Syria.
- They are the coalition of Sunni forces in Iraq and Syria.
- Their immediate goal is to topple two Shiite governments in Iraq and Syria.
- Their intermediate goal is to have a unified Sunni state that covers the whole region including Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine and Israel.
- Their long-term goal is to bring back a worldwide rule of Caliphates. They believe that they are mandated by the Quran to do so and use as much violence as needed to accomplish that goal.
- They are much stronger than Al-Qaeda in numbers, unity, and finances. They have performed mass executions, even including women and children. They are so violent and brutal that Al-Qaeda looks conservative and moderate comparatively.
- When in power, they will be the number one source of terrorism in the world.
This week, we received a distressed call from one of our Church 7 members who lives in Iran. Her 32-year-old son, Amir, has been in prison for the past two years after being caught with a truckload of Bibles. On Wednesday, an execution date was set for Tuesday, August 12 for his crimes against Islam and the government.
Understandably, she is very upset. Her only request is for prayers of deliverance for her son.
We are asking you to do two things:
- Pray for Amir and his family. Pray for deliverance from this death sentence for Amir and for his frightened and grieving family. Pray for his jailers, his judge and his fellow inmates to encounter the love of Christ and receive Him as their personal Savior. Pray for the countless other brothers and sisters, like Amir, who are suffering persecution for their faith in Christ in Iran and around the world right now.
- Call others to pray
- Share this story and prayer request with your friends and social media networks.
This is a time when we can take action and beseech the Lord together on behalf of a brother in desperate need. It is the only request this family has made and is by far the most significant and powerful thing we can do to help them.