I often get the question, “What is the most common miracle you hear about inside of Iran?” While the Lord certainly is revealing Himself to people through dreams and visions everyday, I have to say that the most common miracle is radical life transformation. Take Mahmoud, for example. He admittedly abused his own children for any reason he could find. However, after hearing about the grace and love of Christ, he stopped, repented and has been utterly transformed. This is a true miracle of the Lord!
Here is a copy of an email that Mahmoud recently sent our Counseling Center Ministry:
My name is Mahmoud and I live in Iran.
I am a father of 6 and have been watching your programs for several months. As I watch your programs I feel a sense of security and peace. I realized why I felt this when you talked about the characters of our Heavenly Father. I have been a very angry father to my children, to the point that I would hit my children for any reason. This attitude has developed tremendous fear in my children. As a result, my relationship with my children was destroyed.
Your programs have had such an impact on me that I have started to look inward. What I found terrified me. To tell you the truth, I didn’t like who I was.
As a result, I decided that I want to be more like our heavenly Father and began to change my attitude. I gave my heart to Jesus and asked Him to work in me.
I thank you for helping me develop a loving and caring relationship with my children. I owe this transformation to you because you were the vessel that brought the message of Love into my home an help me realize that I need to be like my heavenly Father.
Join me in celebrating the miracle of this transformed life and the peace that has entered this home. The Lord is about the business of transforming Iran into a Christian nation in this generation!
In Iran, there are no above ground churches. Even underground churches, while effective and growing, are only accessible to 1% of all believers due to fear and security. That is where our Global Church for Iran, or Church 7 strategy, provides a lifeline for the estimated 2 million believers who have no other option for church of any kind. No option for fellowship, discipleship, training or encouragement that is readily available and enjoyed by those of us in the West.
Watch this exciting video to see what Iran Alive Ministries is doing about this problem.
I will give further updates as they develop and know that Amir and his family appreciates your prayers.
5. Will the US and Iran partner in Iraq to stop ISIS?
- Both have similar interests: to help the current Shiite Government of Iraq maintain control and stop the Sunni ISIS from taking over Iraq.
- They may partner in some ways to help stop ISIS but will never acknowledge it publicly.
- Iran has a major influence in Iraq where the majority of the population is Shiites and the government is led by Shiites.
- Iran’s goal has been to get the US out of Iraq and be the sole influencer of the Shiite Iraqi regime. They are happy that the US has pulled out of Iraq and do not want to see the US’s influence and presence increase. Therefore, they may work with the US for the short time but will want the US out of Iraq as soon as ISIS is stopped.
- Christians in Iraq and Syria have been persecuted and have been leaving as refugees.
- Under ISIS, the killing and persecution of Christians will dramatically increase. It has already started and there will be a mass exodus of Christians.
- The brutality of ISIS will cause millions of Muslims to have an objective look at Islam. Many of them will come to reject Islam and become open to the message of the Gospel. This is what happened in Iran. Millions of Syrian refugees have seen the brutality of Islamist “freedom fighters” of ISIS. Many of them are coming to Christ in refugee camps in Turkey.
3. Who is ISIS?
- ISIS stands for Islamic State in Iraq and (greater) Syria.
- They are the coalition of Sunni forces in Iraq and Syria.
- Their immediate goal is to topple two Shiite governments in Iraq and Syria.
- Their intermediate goal is to have a unified Sunni state that covers the whole region including Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine and Israel.
- Their long-term goal is to bring back a worldwide rule of Caliphates. They believe that they are mandated by the Quran to do so and use as much violence as needed to accomplish that goal.
- They are much stronger than Al-Qaeda in numbers, unity, and finances. They have performed mass executions, even including women and children. They are so violent and brutal that Al-Qaeda looks conservative and moderate comparatively.
- When in power, they will be the number one source of terrorism in the world.